The Lionfish Swim Club is a Norfolk-based summer swim team affiliated with the Virginia Beach Swim League ( www.vbsl.net). Our team consists of approximately 100 kids each year. Kids of all swimming ability are welcome to join us. Our season traditionally runs from the end of May to the first of August each year. The 2020 summer season has been replaced with swim conditioning being offered in July.
2020 Swim Conditioning Requirements
Swimmers must be able to swim the full-length of the pool unassisted to participate in swim conditioning.
Swim Team Minimum Requirements
- An eligible child must be between the ages of 4 and 18. Age group is determined by the age of the child on June 15 of the current year.
- Swimmers must be able to swim half the length of the competition pool and be able to tread water for one minute.
- Swimmers will be evaluated during the first weeks of practice to determine if they are ready to participate on the team. If you are not sure if your child will meet the swimming requirements, we recommend trying the team for the first week and waiting to hear the coaches recommendation before registering. Refunds are only issued prior to the first scheduled meet.
- Swimmers who are not able to join the team at the beginning of the season because they are not able to pass the minimum requirements may join at any point later in the season when they can demonstrate that they can meet the requirements.
The Coaching Staff
- Coach T.J. Scarepeli
- Coach Drew
The Board Members
- President: Lauren Gyorfi
- Vice-President: Audra Hansen
- Treasurer: Ashley Price
- Team Events: Candice Gabriel
- Concessions: Kori Embry
- Volunteer Coordinator: Sarah Shellock
- Website Manager: Lynne Murphy